Restaurant: Honey and Dough
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About German Stollen Bread Recipe: A stollen is a traditional German bread made of fruit and nuts, coated with powdered sugar. It is popularly made and eaten during the Christmas season when it is also
known as ‘Christstollen’, This recipe of German stollen bread is an easy and simple recipe with which you can prepare this at home. Raisins, cranberries, a mix of nuts along with rum, presents a dellightful bread to relish with friends and family this festive season.
Ingredients Of German Stollen Bread
- 500 gms flour
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 10 gms yeast
- 100 gms raisins, cranberries, citrus peel (chopped), nuts
- 30 ml rum
- 50 gms sugar
- 10 gms salt
- 5 gms ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 50 gms butter
- 150 gms marzipan
- 150 gms butter (melted and cooled)
- powder sugar (for dusting)
How to Make German Stollen Bread
- 1.Soak the dry fruits in rum and ground cinnamon for few days preferably 1 month.
- 2.In a bowl beat sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat again.
- 3.Mix the yeast in lukewarm water and add flour and salt and make a dough.
- 4.Mix the rum soaked nuts and dry druits in the dough. Also add the sugar butter mixture.
- 5.Keep the dough aside for 15 minutes.
- 6.Roll the dough into small portions and fill marzipan and wrap it.
- 7.Keep the rolled bread again at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 8.Bake the bread in OTG at 170 degrees for approx 25 minutes.
- 9.Take out the bread. Let it cool.
- 10.Do brushing with butter and sprinkle powder sugar for dusting.